Thursday, August 11, 2011

Breaking Dawn

You nicked-named my daughter after the Lock Ness Monster!

 Leah: "That is easily the freakin' grossest thing I've ever heard in my life. Yuck. If there was anything in my stomach, it would be coming back."
Seth: "They are vampires, I guess. I mean, it makes sense, and if it helps Bella, it's a good thing, right?"
Leah and Jake stare at Seth.
Seth: "What?"
Leah: "Mom dropped him a lot when he was a baby."
Jake: "On his head apparently."
Leah: "He used to gnaw on the crib bars, too."
Jake: "Lead paint?"
Leah: "Looks like it."
Seth: "Funny. Why don't you two shut up and sleep?"

I'm a little worried about Edward. Can vampires go into shock?

So this was different. I was amazing now - to them and to myself. It was like I had been born to be a vampire. The idea made me want to laugh, but it also made me want to sing. I had found my true place in the world, the place I fit, the place I shined. 

"I'll meet you at the altar"
"I'll be the one in white!"

"You make your own kinds of mistakes, and I'm sure you'll have your share of regrets in life. But commitment was never your problem, sweetie. You have a better chance of making this work than most forty-year-olds I know. My little middle-aged child. Luckily, you seem to have found another old soul."

"Jasper? What do vampires do for bachelor parties? You're not taking him to a strip club, are you?"

"So it's still standing?" he managed to get out between his snickers. "I would've thought you two had knocked it to rubble by now. What were you doing last night? Discussing the national debt?" Emmett howled with laughter. 

We did not hope for the same things, but we all hoped.

"Stop being so...optimistic, its getting on my nerves."
"No problem. Do you want me to be all gloom and doom or just shut up?"
"Just shut up."
"Can do."
"Really? Doesn't seem like it."

How did people do this - swallow all their fears and trust someone else so implicitly with every imperfection and fear they had... 

And it was different because I'd already lost her so many times, so many ways, in my head. And different because she was never really mine to lose.
And different because this wasn't my fault. 

"At least he's alive and well. I love him enough that I want that. I want him to have what's best for him." She sighed. "I just don't want to stick around to watch.


Did you know that 'I told you so' has a brother,Jacob?" she asked cutting me off. "His name is 'Shut the hell up'.

No comments:

Post a Comment