Friday, February 3, 2012

Nights in Rodanthe

     People want pretty much the same things:  They wanted to be happy.  Most young people seemed to think that those things lay somewhere in the future, while most older people believed they lay in the past. 


     Too many people seem to believe that silence was a void that needed to be filled, even if nothing important was said.


     The greater the love, the greater the tragedy when it's over.


     While I sleep, I dream of you, and when I wake, I long to hold you in my arms. If anything, our time apart has only made me more certain that I want to spend my nights by your side, and my days with your heart.”


     I've been thinking about you constantly since I left, wondering why the journey I'm on seemed to have led through you. I know my journey's not over yet, and that life is a winding path, but I can only hope it somehow circles back to the place I belong. That's how I think of it now. I belong with you.


     Sometimes there would be someone else out there, someone she didn't know, but when they saw each other each would nod, as if making a secret pact. No question, no small talk..agreed.

No comments:

Post a Comment