Sunday, February 3, 2013

Sleepless In Scotland

Love doesna always mean burning flashes o' passion. Sometimes, it's jus' the warmth o' yer hearts as they beat yer day together." ~Old Woman Nora to her three wee granddaughters on a cold winter's night.

So all we know about Hugh MacLean is that his financial situation is unclear, he has an unknown number of illegitimate children, and the family curse is true. I've caught quiet a prize!

I've never found it helpful to treat fate with a gentle hand. Every time I've stroked, hopin' fer a favor, she's slapped me hand and laughed at me. If ye want something, take fate by the throat and shake it out o' her.

"But what if we find we don't suit?"
"Then ye'll do as the rest o' us and work at suiting."

Fighting lets ye both say wha' needs to be said. Just be sure you fight clean, and dinna bring up old hurts or blame one another.

Perhaps the truth was there was no perfect marriage, just some really good ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment