Thursday, October 24, 2013

Tangled

Mother Gothel: Look in that mirror. I see a strong, confident, beautiful young lady.
[Rapunzel smiles]
Mother Gothel: Oh look, you're here too.

Flynn Rider: This is the story of how I died. Don't worry, this is actually a very fun story and the truth is, it isn't even mine. This is the story of a girl named Rapunzel.

Rapunzel: Hi. Welcome home, Mother.
Mother Gothel: Oh! Rapunzel, how you manage to do that every single day without fail, it looks absolutely exhausting, darling!
Rapunzel: Oh, it's nothing.
Mother Gothel: Then I don't know why it takes so long.

Flynn Rider: You were my new dream.
Rapunzel: [crying] And you were mine.

Rapunzel: Who's that?
[the castle guards]
Flynn Rider: They don't like me.
Rapunzel: Who's that?
[the Stabbington brothers]
Flynn Rider: They don't like me either.
Rapunzel: And who's *that*?
[Maximus]
Flynn Rider: Let's just assume for the moment that everyone in here doesn't like me!

Hook Hand Thug: Go, live your dream.
Flynn Rider: I will.
Hook Hand Thug: [Referring to Rapunzel] Your dream stinks. I was talking to her.

Rapunzel: So mother, earlier I was saying tomorrow is a really big day, and you didn't really respond, so I'm just gonna tell you: IT'S MY BIRTHDAY! Tada!
Mother Gothel: No no no, can't be. I distinctly remember, your birthday was last year.
Rapunzel: That's the funny thing about birthdays, they're kind of an annual thing.

Rapunzel: I've been looking out of a window for eighteen years, dreaming about what I might feel like when those lights rise in the sky. What if it's not everything I dreamed it would be?
Flynn Rider: It will be.
Rapunzel: And what if it is? What do I do then?
Flynn Rider: Well,that's the good part I guess. You get to go find a new dream.

Rapunzel: We made it.
Flynn Rider: Her hair glows!
Rapunzel: We're alive. We're alive!
Flynn Rider: I didn't see that coming.
Rapunzel: Eugene.
Flynn Rider: The hair actually glows.
Rapunzel: Eugene.
Flynn Rider: Why does her hair glow!
Rapunzel: Eugene!
Flynn Rider: [almost in hysteria] What?
Rapunzel: It doesn't *just* glow.
Flynn Rider: [Pascal smiles at him smugly] Why is he smiling at me?

Flynn Rider: But I know what the big question is? Did Rapunzel and I ever get married? Well I am happy to say after years and years of asking, I finally said yes.
Rapunzel: Eugene!
Flynn Rider: Okay, okay. I asked her.
Rapunzel: And we're living happily ever after!
Flynn Rider: Yes we are.

Rapunzel: I met someone.
Mother Gothel: Yes. The wanted thief, I'm so proud.

Rapunzel: Something brought you here, Flynn Rider. Call it what you will... fate... destiny...
Flynn Rider: A horse.

Flynn Rider: All the things we've seen and it's only 8 in the morning!

Flynn Rider: I have dreams like you, no really. Just much less touchy-feely. They mainly happen somewhere warm and sunny. On an island that I own, tanned and rested and alone. Surrounded by enormous piles of money.

Flynn Rider: The kingdom and I aren't exactly sympatico.

Flynn Rider: I didn't want to have to do this, but you leave me no choice. Here comes the smoulder.


No comments:

Post a Comment