Saturday, January 19, 2013

Mr. Cavendish, I Presume

There was a huge difference between dislike and disregard.

Amelia, do meet my cousin.
Your cousin?
Indeed. He might be the duke.
Then who are you?
Excellent question.


We plan to avoid cupids," Mr. Audley said.
"Cupids?" Amelia echoed. Good heavens, he did move from topic to topic.
He shrugged. "I have discovered that I am not fond of them."
How could anyone not be fond of cupids?
What is there not to like about cupids?"
"You don't find them rather dangerous?"
"Chubby little babies?"
"Carrying deadly weapons."

He was discovering that may be there was more him than his name. And may be, when all was said and done, he'd still be whole.

"You're twisting my words."
"I think you are doing a fine job of twisting them yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment