Sunday, March 20, 2011

A Kingdom of Dreams

Behold your new mistress, my wife, and know that when she bids you,I have bidden you. What service you render her, you are rendering me. What loyalty you give or withhold from her, you give or withhold from me!

The groom always smiles proudly because he's convinced he's accomplished something quite wonderful. The bride smiles because she's been able to convince him of it. 

It was a kingdom of dreams - a place where things would be just the way I wanted them to be. 

Jennifer Merrick had stored all her tears inside her, and her pride and courage would never permit her to break down and shed them. 

Why is it when you yield, I feel like the one who has been conquered? 

What is mine, I intend to keep. 

But he knew instinctively what he suggested was impossible. She'd been through so much, and held her tears back for so long, that Royce doubted that anything could force her to shed them. 

After all, it's not every day a woman is given a kingdom of dreams.  

No comments:

Post a Comment