Sunday, November 18, 2012

Ten Things I Love About You

When the dead body said, "Good evening," Annabel had to face the grim conclusion that it wasn't as dead as she'd hoped.

Sebastian Grey.
The worrds rang like a miserable moan in her head. On the list of men she ought not to be kissing, he had to rank at the top, along with the King, Lord Liverpool, and the chimney sweep.

"I miss my dog."
...
"What was his name again?"
"Mouse."
"That was very unkind of you."
"Naming him mouse?"
"Isn't he a greyhound?"
"I could have named hum Turtle."
"Frederick!"...
"It's better than Frederic," Annabel said, "Good heavens, that's my brother's name.

"I like my parents," Olivia said.
Sebastian shook his head, "A concept so alien I think it must be unpatriotic."

"But I wouldn't choose to spend time with them." Sebastian considered this, "Especially my father. As he's dead."

"You're charm can be terrifying."
"I suppose if you put it that way I cannot help but be complimented."

"Today I glory in my sixdom."
"Sixdom?"
"Sixitude."
Annabel started to grin.
"Sixulation," Louisa proclaimed.

Besides," he said breezily, "were it not for misunderstandings, we would be sadly lacking in great literature."
She looked at him questioningly.
"Where would Romeo and Juliet be?"
"Alive.

Happiness could be like a head cold. Or cholera.
Catching.


I can imagine no greater bliss than to lie about, reading novels all day.

No comments:

Post a Comment