Wednesday, December 19, 2012

The Lost Duke Of Wyndham

=| I didn't think I should die but I did not know how I would Live.
=| She needed him to be him. Even if he could not be hers.
=| He would not give her up, he could not.For the first time in his life he'd found someone who filled all the empty spaces in his heart.
In this room, in this minute, she was his everything.
=| "Very well," he said with a small sigh. "Ladies today are so very capable. It breaks my heart really." He leaned in, almost as if sharing a secret. "No one likes to feel superfluous."
Grace just stared at him.
"Rendered mute by my grace and charm," he said, stepping back to allow them to exit. "It happens all the time. Really, I shouldn't be allowed near the ladies. I have such a vexing effect on you."
"I don't know what to say," she whispered.
"Normally, I'd advise 'thank you,' but as I am the one thanking you, a mere 'You are a prince among men' would suffice."
=| "It wasn't even desire. It was far more than that.
It was love.
Love. With a capital L and swirly script and hearts and flowers and whatever else the angel and yes, all those annoying little cupids wished to use for embellishment.
=| "Grace-" He scowled, then laughed. "What the devil is your middle name?"
"Catriona." she whispered.
"Grace Catriona Eversleigh," he said, loud and sure, "I love you."
=| Five years with the dowager - Good God, she ought to be given a title in her own right as a penance for such as that. No one had done more for England.
=| "It's still horrible. The whole thing."
"Dreadful," Grace agreed.
Amelia turned and looked at her directly. "Sodding bad."
Grace gasped, "Amelia!"
Amelia's face wrinkled in thought. "Did I use that correctly?"
"I wouldn't know."
"Oh, come now, don't tell me you haven't thought something just as unladylike."
"I wouldn't say it."
The look Amelia gave her was clear as a dare. "But you thought it."
Grace felt her lips twitch. "It's a dammed shame."
"A bloody inconvenience, if you ask me."
"I'm not sure what it means."
Grace frowned. "I don't think I do either."
"It sounds bad, though."
"Sodding bad." Grace said with a smile, and she patted Amelia's hand.
Amelia sighed. "A dammed shame."
"We are repeating ourselves." Grace pointed out.
"I know." Amelia said, but with a fair bit of feeling. "But whose fault is ut? Not ours. We've been far too sheltered."
"Now that," Grace announced with a flair, "really is a dammed shame!"
"A bloody inconvenience, if you ask me."

No comments:

Post a Comment